Our Revolution Michigan
for Bernie Sanders
A chapter of Our Revolution, the national organization founded by Bernie Sanders.
We’re a statewide coalition of progressive grassroots activists working in and alongside the Democratic Party:
- Supporting and coordinating grassroots activist groups working to elect Bernie Sanders president in 2020.
- Working on local and state level issues using advocacy and resistance methods including those developed by the Bernie campaign and by Indivisible.
- Creating a more progressive, more transparent, and more effective Michigan Democratic Party, recognizing that many progressives have been working within the Party toward change for years.
- Coordinating and supporting Our Revolution and other groups to elect progressive candidates up and down the ballot.
- Connecting and working with allies in environmental, Democratic, labor, progressive and other groups.
Our Revolution Michigan grew out of Southeast Michigan for Bernie, which organized statewide to elect Bernie in 2016. In December 2016, the organizers--former Bernie staffers and grassroots organizers--aligned the group with Our Revolution. We are dedicated to partnering and working collaboratively with other progressive organizations. We ascribe to the platform and positions of the national Our Revolution organization.
Recent and ongoing projects:
- Supporting the efforts of grassroots groups throughout Michigan to elect Bernie Sanders!
- Recruiting, mentoring and endorsing progressive candidates.
- Affiliate groups in Detroit, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, the University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, the UP, and more.
Some of our activism:
- 10,000+ signatures on a petition to stop construction of the dangerous fracked gas NEXUS Pipeline.
- Former Bernie staffer and Our Revolution Michigan member elected to the DNC.
- Former Bernie delegates elected to school boards, county commission, and community college board of trustees.
- Organized three consecutive Women's Marches in Ann Arbor with the Our Revolution organizition, Progressives at the University of Michigan.
- With attendance ranging from nearly 2K to 18K+.
- Organized the 2017 Tax March - Ann Arbor with Our Revolution group Progressives at the University of Michigan.
- Resolution in support of redistricting, approved at the MDP State Convention.
- Successful statewide drives to increase the number of precinct delegates & to increase MDP Membership and involvement.